How you can help
Corporate and Social Responsibility Donations
Tax Deductible Benefits:
As a Non-Profit Company (NPC) registered with SARS under Section 18A all donations to Drakenstein Palliative Hospice are tax-deductable.
As a 18A Tax Benefit Company donations to Drakenstein Palliative Hospice may benefit estate duty obligations.
Drakenstein Palliative Hospice is a Level 1 service provider. Please contact us if you would like to speak to us about how your donation could benefit your BBBEE score.
Join our Walk to Remember
Every year we remember our families, friends and patients with sacred walk through the Arboretum in Paarl. It is the first Saturday after Mother’s Day in May (hospice month).
- Buy a beautifully decorated butterfly, write the name of those persons who you keep close to your heart and hang the butterfly on our dediated tree.
- Together we celebrate a life shared and a precious memory in our hearts… creating a space to remember.
Support our Hospice Shop in Rembrandt Mall
Our shop is a valuable source of income for our free service and also serves as a resource for our patients to receive bed linen and clothes.
Opening hours: Mon to Fri 9am to 6pm; Sat 9am to 3pm and Sun 9am to 1pm
Donations accepted at: Drakenstein Palliative Hospice (we collect on request)
- We accept any home items: clothes, bric-a-brac, books, furniture, electrical appliances, pictures and paintings, curtains, bed linen, towels, pots and pans, cutlery…. Nothing too small or too big.
- Consolidating our merchandise ensures a bigger selection and improved quality of the goods.
- We are looking for volunteers to help with selling but also with sorting, pricing and souring items to sell. This is a big part of being sustainable and ‘doing’ instead of waiting for handouts. Be part of helping us help others.
Volunteer with us
We have a variety of roles to suit everyone, whatever your skills or interests. Call 021 872 4060 or email us using the button below. We will be in touch within a few days to take you through the process.
MESSAGE FROM THE CEO
"It has been a tough year and we are looking for support. We are in need of your assistance, whether this is a clothing donation to our new Hospice Shop or a financial donation for the maintenance of our buildings and staff salaries. We would greatly appreciate your help." Elizabeth Scrimgeour